Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Weekend With Rachel

Our friend Rachel came into town from Colorado to see our other friend Dwight (Scott's old roommate) last weekend. Rachel is such a special girl with a special spirit and it is always so fun to see her when she comes here. Scott & I had the chance to hang out with both Dwight and Rachel last Friday and Saturday and here is what we did...

Friday night they came to our house where we had hamburgers, chips, pineapple, and cantaloupe. After dinner Rachel and I had our 'girl talk' time and then we all played ping-pong together. Ping-pong was followed by a dessert of ice cream with fresh strawberries and chocolate sauce....yum!


Saturday morning Scott and I woke up to an overcast sky and a looming rain storm on the horizon. We worked in the yard for a few hours where I trimmed bushes and Scott trimmed trees. (I still love those bush trimmers...) After deliberation, we decided to hurry down to Provo where we were planning on boating. We happened to hit the lake in between rain storms (mostly) which we were glad about because Rachel was able to go tubing like she had been promised. Rachel and I rode on the tube together first. She was so brave as the boys on the boat started pulling us faster and turning! After she rode with me, Dwight and Rachel rode together followed by Rachel riding all by herself! I was so impressed! When Rachel was done Scott and I got on together for a bumpy ride which didn't turn out to be a great situation. The tube wasn't really big enough for the two of us and so Scott ended up 'hoovering' over me and our heads kept colliding. It didn't help that the storm had started coming in and the waves continued to get higher and higher along with a crazy amount of spray. Finally, I decided to get in the boat and let Scott ride the tube in.


The waves were still getting higher while driving back and we hit some crazy water. Scott said, "I just kept thinking that I had to keep holding on because Dwight could not have turned around to pick me up!" (This is probably why Scott's arms and chest are still hurting 3 days later! Scott thinks he may have torn his rotator cuff...yikes!) There were a couple of times that Scott even saw the boat come completely out of the water after hitting larger waves...It was insane. Anyway, we finally made it back into the harbor and loaded up the boat.


We stopped by Dwight's house on our way out to help him take care of the boat and say goodbye to Rachel....well, until the next time she comes!


By the time we got back on the road to head for home, it was pouring so hard that we could barely see. There was a lot of standing water and what is normally a 30-35 minute drive turned into an hour drive. We were so glad we weren't still out on the lake at that point. :)

After eating and getting cleaned up, we spent about an hour at my friend Sabrina's wedding reception. (Sabrina was my boss when I worked for the Zions branch in WJ.) Everything was very nice and she was just glowing with that smile that just wouldn't stop. While there, we also had the chance to catch up with Jenny, Shawn and Adam which is always fun.

Saturday evening ended with us cuddled up watching 24 together...which is pretty much how every night has been ending lately. Did I mention that I just love that show?

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Thank you so much for posting and saying sweet words :) I'll be back out in 3-4 months as that's what Dwight says to come for a visit. I'll keep you posted that is if you want me to.

Rick and Pat said...

What fun to be together with friends. I'm glad you had fun and that everyone was safe! I don't know why, but I felt like something was missing from your story. Oh well, probably wasn't important! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a super fun weekend! Makes me want to go boating! And I must agree, 24 is a favorite of ours as well! By they way, thank you so much for coming to the funeral! You guys are always so supportive! Sorry I missed ya! That day was a little crazy with trying to be to two funerals so I apologize! I'll for sure have to let ya see Dax next time we see you. Speaking of...when are you guys gonna jump on that bandwagon? Haha :) Hope all is well!

Rachel said...

To Rick and Pat,
It was tons of fun to be with friends :) Your daughter is very sweet and kind person. As far as I know nothing was left out. To Hydee I'll keep you posted when I came back out don't worry :)