Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Our Getaway

I know, I've been a huge blog slacker.   I really do have every intention of keeping things current but time just slips away and updating seems to be pushed further and further down my list of to-dos!  But, I've been going through some pictures and trying to edit some of the kiddos so hopefully we'll get somewhat caught up.

Way back in February, Scott and I decided that we needed a little getaway together.  You know how it gets after you have a baby--especially a screamer--we decided that we needed a night to both relax, sleep for a solid 8 hours and not have to be the ones disciplining our children. :)  So--Scott planned and carried out a wonderful escape for just the two of us!  It was wonderful and all of the details were kept under lock and key which made it even more fun!

We started our weekend with Scott getting off early.  He told me to meet him with the kiddos downtown because we were going to take them to the Children's Museum until Grandma and Grandpa got off work and could babysit.  In reality, Scott was just luring me downtown so he could send me off for an hour-long relaxation massage and an hour-long pedicure at the day spa!  Meanwhile, my superhero husband took both kids to the children's museum by himself--a feat that even I, a full-time mama wouldn't have any desire to take on. :)


After my spa time we dropped the kids off with my parents and started up the canyon.  Scott was stressing out because he said we had to be there by a certain time and we were cutting it close.  We finally arrived at our destination--The Homestead Resort where Scott told me that we had an appointment to go and swim in the crater.  So--we quickly changed and went over to check in.  We swam in the crater for about an hour which was fun but a little creepy.  I realized that I have a little bit of a fear for scuba divers and their gear.  It was a little unnerving knowing there were a bunch of them swimming 80 ft. below me--especially since we would watch them swim down, down, down and suddenly disappear.

The main building with the restaurant where we ate dinner.

 
Scott laughs because every time we go anywhere I take pictures of our room--bathrooms and all.

Inside the crater.  Obviously difficult to get a good picture because of the humidity.

After our swim we went back to our room, cleaned up a little bit and went to dinner.  It had seriously been WAY too long since we had been out without the children because we both kept talking about how wonderfully quiet it was!  Ha!  {Don't get me wrong, we love our kids, but...ya know.  Distance makes the heart grow fonder.}




History of the crater
The view from top of the crater.  The walk bridge is there so you can look down through the hole in the top.


We had every intention of staying up, cuddling and watching a movie together but we both fell asleep by 10.  Yeah, we are pretty cool like that.  Did I mention that we have a baby who doesn't like to sleep? :)  Sleeping was awesome.

We woke up the next morning, walked the ground of The Homestead in the daylight and then checked out.  We bummed around Park City and then downtown Salt Lake for a little while before going to pick up our kids.  It was 24 hours of quiet, relaxing bliss...and now I'm ready to do it again!

No comments: