So--I'm interested to know what you other moms out there do with your kiddos while you are getting ready for the day. When Bridger was smaller, I usually just strapped him into his bouncer in the bathroom while I did my hour-long morning routine {which, since I've had Bridger, has turned into my late-afternoon/early evening routine most days}. ;) Now that he is bigger and is more mobile, I've started confining him to the master bedroom/bathroom and I give him about a hundred toys to play with so I can take a nice 'long' hot shower while he entertains himself--and usually finds something he shouldn't.
There is one part of my routine that has become Bridger's favorite. Ironically, it is the part that I hate the most. The blowdrying. I have thick hair. It takes forever. My hair has natural wave {not the cute kind, the ugly kind} and so every day I stand and blow it straight. Well, Bridger loves it. He screams at the blowdryer until I put it on his face and then he gets a shocked look, followed by a huge smile. Here is the documentation:



We repeat this process over and over again and, every day it is the same. I must say, he makes blowdrying much more fun.



2 comments:
Gabe was curious when he was that age with the blow dryer which is so much fun! But now that he is 2 the only way I can get ready for the day without him coming in is to turn on mickey mouse clubhouse. So if you wanted to get him distracted is you could turn on baby einstein or something! But if he entertains himself like that then you are doing great!
Also, way to go getting ready every day! I am lucky if it is every 2-3!
that. is. adorable.
Post a Comment