Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Long Overdue Camping Pics

Well folks...not only have I had little time to blog lately but we have also been without internet! I could go on and on about how irritated and unsatisfied we have been using Qwest but I will save you that tirade for another day. :) Currently I am borrowing the neighbor's signal until Comcast comes to my rescue next Monday.

As was previously mentioned, we went on a family camping trip a couple of weeks ago and I have yet to post any pictures or info. So...here it is...the post you've all been waiting for...

Camping Gurus: Mom, Dad, Patrick, Megon, Scott, Hydee & Aspen

{the whole gang}
Length of Excursion: 3 days

{us}

{mom and dad}

Supplies: 2 air mattresses, 2 tents, 4 sleeping bags, 1 down blanket, 6 pillows, 4 fishing poles, 3 pair of waders, several coolers, 1 deck of phase 10 cards, 3 lanterns, backpacks, waterbottles, marshmellows, fudge striped cookies, 2 dutch ovens, lots of food, 2 trucks, 1 SUV, and a partridge in a pear tree.

{all the kids}

{we used our new tent for the first time! thanks again to mom & dad 'D' for this awesome graduation present!}

{megon & patrick}
Noteworthy Events: Snake bites, shooting guns, hitting mom with a clay pidgeon...sorry mom..., feeding the fish, hiking to waterfalls, playing phase 10 until all hours of the night, watching the old man and his wife bathe in banana hammock/bikini, fly fishing lessons, Hydee's first fish on a fly rod, Aspen rounding the group up, the nice bathrooms, napping six across in the tent while it was raining, yummy dutch oven dinner, Patrick the pyro, Dad's long bike ride, getting yelled at by immigrants, and walking the property.

{the snake that we found on our campsite...it bit Scott so he threw it in the river}

{Scott was a real trooper and gave my dad and me fly fishing lessons}

Champ (who is 12 years old) was going to come with us on the trip but the day we left he got really sick. My parents had a neighbor keep watch on him while we were gone. Luckily when we got back he was doing much better. Patrick and I wanted to get a couple of pictures with him since he probably isn't going to be around much longer.

2 comments:

Eric and Andrea said...

Looks like you guys had a really fun time, with a few adventures along the way! Love the pics!

Rick and Pat said...

Always hate the pix of me, but the memories are so much fun. Dad and I are definitely going to have to get one of those air mattresses! I didn't mind the rain one bit!