Saturday, May 9, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls-Take 2

Mom came over on Monday because she had taken the day off and I forgot to have her help me with the cinnamon rolls! So, I tried again 'on my own' (with mom just a phone call away). I made it through with calling her only once after I had actually started and once with a question before...so really, twice. :) She was, however, texting me the entire time.

I think things went pretty good! They looked right. I was really nervous about the yeast because last time they didn't rise...at all. Mom said that when the yeast is active it starts to foam a little bit and we definitely had some foamage going on.

(I see foam!)

The Bosch's dough hook worked miracles by kneading the dough and saving my arm some major DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness). They even doubled in size just like they were supposed to.

(I wasn't quite sure at this point...)

Scott, who was gone to a meeting during this time, came home and said they looked and smelled good. (I guess that any type of sweet roll would look good if you haven't had it for 10 years!)

(before the rising)

But, I guess the real test is the taste test...and you'll just have to decide for yourself. As for me, I'm going to eat another one. :)

(fresh out of the oven)

(ta-da!)

3 comments:

HDVB said...

Look at you, you little chef!! Those look so tasty!

Rick and Pat said...

That's my girl! Only one suggestion: Next time, when they are done, BRING ME ONE!! ...haha
Just another reason to be proud of you. Love, Mom

Chelsea said...

i had one or two...or three. they were very good. :)